Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

"Someone Up There" by Rick Crom/ Michael Schiffman

This song "Some Up There", from the movie 'A Big Gay Musical', is written by Rick Crom, sung beautifully by Micheal Schiffman. And though it was supposedly written by a man Charles (Mike), for his crush Paul (Daniel Robinson), it has a very universal appeal to it. I loved the song, wanted to sing it, but found out that there were no lyrics available on the net, so I actually took pains to write them down.

I am posting them here, in case some one wants the lyrics, like to serenade their crush. I am also adding the video, in case anyone actually wants to hear it. It's a very beautiful.


I never believed in fate, before
But I'm seeing you 'most, everyday:
You've been hauting my mind, 
Since I saw you, in the light,
And you took my breath away.

There are forces at work, 
That we don't understand,
But they are bringing us closer, 
As if it were planned.

If Someone Up There, wants us to be together
Then Who are we, to Disagree
If Someone Wiser knows, w'd be good together
It's not our place to ask why,
And I think we should give it a try...

If Providence deems we fall in Love,
Then there's nothing we can do...
And I cannot deny, What I'm feeling deep inside,
And I think you feel it, too...

So, it's hopeless to fight, 
There's no place to retreat,
So give in to your heart, For surrender sweet

If Someone Up There, wants us to be together
Then Who are we to Disagree
If Someone Wiser knows, we'd be good together
It's not our place to ask why,
And I think we should give it a try...

I think we should give it a try...
I think we should give it a try........

3 comments:

  1. I believe that the lyrics:

    "Since I saw you, in the night,"
    should be
    Since I saw you in the light

    "But they are bringing us close so,"
    should be
    But they're bringing us closer

    TNx anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete