Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Jimmy’s Lullaby: “Everything Is Gonna Be Alright” Raising Hope Pilot

Last Week, I saw the Pilot of ‘Raising Hope’ TV series. The lullaby that Virginia (Martha Plimpton) sang for Hope (then "Princess Beyonce") was amazing. But surprisingly, it is not included in the soundtracks… actually not even mentioned anywhere. So I did some research but couldn’t find it anywhere online… So ultimately, I had brilliant “Bulb” idea and I got the episode on DVD. I am trying to find the Video but, till then, I am uploading the lyrics.

To prevent any confusion with any other “Everything’s Gonna Be Alright”, I have renamed the song “Jimmy’s Lullaby”, since teenage Virginia used to sing this song for her infant son, Jimmy, with a sleepy Burt in the background with his guitar playing the chords.

I hope anyone who’s searching for it, finds what they are looking for:

“People smile… 
Tell me, I’m the Lucky one,

[To Jimmy: This used to work with you]

We’d just begun… I think I’m gonna have a son…

[To Jimmy: Dim the lights]

It will be like he and me, were free … as a Dove,
And seemed to love… the Sun is gonna shine above…
And even though, we ain’t got money,
I’m so in love with you, honey.
Everything will bring, a chain… of love......

And in the morning when I rise,
Bring a tear of Joy to my eyes,
And tell me –
Everything…. Is Gonna Be Alright.
Hmmm… um… hmmm…”


It is actually the first two stanzas of "Danny's Song" by Ann Murray as contributed by the "Anonymous" comment.

9 comments:

  1. It's 'dannys song' by Ann Murray? I loved it too, it has been covered a hundred times. But you won't find the version from the series... sad. (sorry, I'm not english :)) but hope i helped you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god you exist ! I was trying to find this song !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooo much! I spent hours trying to find this... Finally, someone who posted the lyrics and actually cared about the song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is going on my list of things to do.... learn this song to sing to my kid when i eventually have one ;p....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's actually called "Danny's Song" by Loggins and Messina. I believe Ann Murray covered it soon after it came out. Nevertheless, it's a great song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I don't know if this is still an active blog but check this out!
    I think this is what you're looking for - this version of Danny's Song by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmMNO_cUyOo

    It's been remade several times by lots of people. Amazing song!
    Hope this helps.

    ~Chuckles in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's "conceived in love" not seemed in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you someone else for noticing that was messing with me like crazy

      Delete
  8. Its Danny's song by kenny loggins he is in one of the episodes singing it remember people!!!!!

    ReplyDelete